Monday, July 26, 2010

Floating Beside My Body

This was one of my most interesting Astral experiences. It was early evening and, as I was home alone, I decided to take advantage of the quietness and go for a practice.

I went to bed and did a nice relaxation concentrating on my breathing and, as I felt my body getting relaxed, I started noticing the sound of my pineal gland growing very strong as did my heartbeats. I knew that, in fact, it was not the sound and the beats that were getting stronger and deeper, but it was my concentration level. I decided to focus on my heartbeats and, after some minutes, I felt as if my whole body was sort of beating - it seemed to shake in the rhythm of my heart. I was curious to know if my body was really shaking, then I moved the focus of my attention to my physical body without loosing my heartbeats and could notice it was completely static.

Soon after that, I felt my arms and legs moving up - I knew those were not my physical limbs, but I checked my physical body anyway without losing the sensations, just to be sure. The interesting part was that I could, at that point, move my attention alternately to my astral body and to my physical body without difficulty. I knew that was the time to get up by moving my astral body very slowly (paying attention not to move my physical body). I decided to roll over to get out of bed and, as I rolled, I felt very light and vaporous - an amazing sensation for sure. When out of bed (and also out of my physical body) I was floating in the air laying down just beside my bed and physical body. I was so excited with the sensations and all the experience that I came back instantly to my physical body, though.

Personally, I think we can read lots of books and do plenty of courses on the Astral world and on Astral experiences, but we really start to learn about them when we have our own experiences.

~ Daniel
Lages, Brazil

1 comment:

  1. "The interesting part was that I could, at that point, move my attention alternately to my astral body and to my physical body without difficulty."

    It's a great feeling, having two bodies, isn't it! It's a really hard thing to explain to people how it feels to have two bodies.

    "Personally, I think we can read lots of books and do plenty of courses on the Astral world and on Astral experiences, but we really start to learn about them when we have our own experiences."

    I think what we really need to do is read all these books as guides and not believe a word of them. Then have our own experiences and make our own minds up.

    I think one of the things that stands in the way of people experiencing real spiritual enlightenment is blind belief.

    By reading books and then having experiences to fill in what we believe will happen then how do we know it's not just all in our heads?

    ReplyDelete